Phew, brain full again.

Hāpara tip:
On All Classes, click the star to add that class to ‘My Classes’ view.
The edit button will edit the icon for myself, not others.

Kerry on recent PLD about Differentiated Learning:
A school in Auckland has looked into Differentiated learning – they have levels: Ace, pro, legend, titan – students decide which level they want to work at – watch video later.

Dorothy Burt:
Effective Teaching, Accelerated Learning
Understand, Know and Do: these comprise the Ako/Learn part of the curric.
Recognise, Amplify, Turbocharge
Recognising effective practise – the questions Dorothy asked were great – I wasn;t quick enough to catch them – where can I find them? The first was along the lines of: “What framework does your school have that gives local curriculum…”
Remember to reflect on HLPs – check out the slideshow

Amplifying effective practise: this is about us as teachers – accessing and shares ideas and resources

Turbocharge: this is about the learners. How is it different to amplify?

Emails:
Star then add to tasks (Vicki might touch on later)
UNSUBSCRIBE without opening email!!
Signatures – look at slide

Google goodness:

• ‘group tabs’ function – I spent ages doing this when I was first taught rthis, only to find they disappeared when I shut my laptop – I am keen to look at the slide to learn how to save!!
  • Workspaces – I can see this will be super useful for my regular meetings and work days, I am looking forward to setting some up.
  • Google meet – when presenting – select Share Chrome Tab if sharing video or audio!
  • Calendar Shortcuts: Simply type D Y W or T to toggle between views (obvs day, year, week, today)

Create Task:
This was useful to practise and quite humorous. I enjoyed and learned from taking a deeper look at two Summer Learning Journey tasks and responses. Here is the video I made with my buddy, Janelle.

Take-aways & Next Steps:

• Remind my colleagues to – and make sure to do myself – practise google meets with students.
  • Google Keep: Put Keep app on phone and use in laptop – start modeling with staff how handy this is, e.g. make notes and share in Thurs morn meeting, end of week bits n pieces email to staff, etc
  • Workspaces – set up one space to see if I like it.
  • Watch the video Kerry mentioned about Differentiated Learning.

Check this out!!!
Clicking this:

Gives me this:

HOT tips from DFI
DAY ONE
– docs.new
– @today
– to PASTE without format: CNTRL SHIFT V

DAY TWO
– In Google Docs there is a Side panel (arrow bottom right) for Keep, Tasks, Maps, Calendar = yesss!
– Google Keep – location-triggered notifications!!! Wow
– You can add a Keep note directly into Google docs!!
– In a blog: Changing size for a video – change height in the code side to 360 (from 480)

And that is very very useful!

One thought on “DFI Day Two: WorkFlow

1. Kia ora Tiff and congratulations on navigating your way through Day 2 of the Digital Fluency Intensive!
    What a full day it was and you have noted some very useful and supportive tools. I enjoyed watching you share your way through how to share a blog post on Google Meet and to record it… what I enjoyed the most was that as you shared you discussed each aspect of what you were doing… just like we would model the thinking process of writing in our heads. It’s so helpful to hear the steps!

How wonderful to see you connect with Google Keep too! I wonder if you’d find a personal application for it too?
    Wonderful to have you in our Digital Bubble again and see you next week for Day 3.
    Ngā mihi,
    Amie @ The Digital Fluency Intensive